Sorry for the cheesy title, but it had to be done! Today’s been one of those days where I desperately needed some comfort food which I’d planned to seek out in the form of a whole tub of pesto. And maybe some pasta. But alas, there’s dairy in absolutely everything, even my all time favourite, pesto. So I decided to get a little creative and make my own!
Super simple, tasty and no oil used, so very very healthy!
SERVES 2 • PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES • COOK TIME: 15 MINUTES (for pasta)
- A few handfuls of spinach
- Juice from half a lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic – crushed
- 1 and a half packs of fresh basil
- 4 tbsp of water
- Salt and pepper
- A handful of pine nuts
- 1 tsp Nutritional yeast (for the cheesy flavour)
- Place all your ingredients into a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Serve with anything and everything! I had mine with fussili pasta, with spinach, mushrooms and edamame beans (to add a bit of crunch)
“The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do”.