So it’s that time of year where people are looking to create some kick-ass dishes, either to impress their loved one on Valentine’s Day, or to feel like a totally smug domestic goddess – proving to the world that you are doing amazingly well by yourself, thank you very much. Because let’s face it, if you can cook a banging meal and you don’t have to share it (or the bottle of wine) with anyone, you’re really going places my friend. Either way, if you’re cooking for two or for one, this fragrant and flavoursome meal is going to seriously impress!
Although the prospect of making your curry paste from scratch seems daunting, it’s actually so simple, and so much more delicious! This meal takes about 40-45 minutes to make, and is quite straightforward! This meal is sweet, satisfying and so moreish. I hope you enjoy!
SERVES 4 • PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES • COOK TIME: 25 MINUTES
- 1 pack of baby sweetcorn
- 1 aubergine – chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes – peeled and chopped
- 1 red pepper – sliced
- 1 bag of spinach
- 1 – 2 red chilli’s for garnish
- Add any more veg that takes your fancy!
FOR THE CURRY PASTE:
- 1 – 2 green chilli’s (depending on how brave you are) – deseeded and chopped
- 2 shallots – roughly chopped
- 1 knob of ginger – grated
- 4 garlic cloves – peeled
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp sweetner
- 1-2 tbsp dark soy sauce (add 1, and if necessary add more once the paste is blended)
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 200 ml light coconut milk
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 1 lemon grass stalk – roughly chopped
- Put all of the curry paste ingredients into a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Heat a wok on a medium heat and pour the curry paste into the wok, bringing to the boil.
- Add all of the vegetables
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked
- Meanwhile, cook rice of your choice (I use Jasmine rice), according to packet instructions
- Serve and garnish with fresh coriander and chilli
Top tip: I created this by using random veg that I found in my fridge, it would work well with most vegetables, so don’t worry if you don’t have all the ingredients in stock. You can just chuck in whatever veg you’ve got in, and I can guarantee you it’ll be delicious!
EVERY DAY RAINFOREST DEFORESTATION FOR ANIMAL FEED/ GRAZING CAUSES THE LOSS OF 110 SPECIES. EVERY SINGLE DAY.